Monday, October 27, 2008

Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties


Lk Pwl #3
Originally uploaded by uacheesehead
This pic, taken by my friend Josh, started me thinking about unique bachelor and bachelorette parties. I hope that we have moved beyond the traditional gross stripper+beer=bachelor party philosophy and into the realm of real creativity.

This picture is from our friend Brad's bachelor party (more about his wedding in a bit - must get pictures off of camera) that my husband threw. They took the family boat out on lake powell and had a great weekend of jetskiing and camping. I know that this opportunity doesn't present itself to most people but boats can be rented for the weekend!

For my bachelorette party, we all went to disneyland and had dinner and drinks in downtown disney. The traditionalists at my office made fun of me (of course) but isn't it really more about your personality and interests and less about what society expects of a bachelor(ette) party?

Any other fun ideas out there? Anyone? Bueller?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Right on! Screw traditional bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Contributors


Photo by Jacob Konst

Free Blog Counter