Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Works of art


Works of art, originally uploaded by prideofazchick.

Our cakes were definitely a hit at our reception. The cake artist was Andrea of Sedona Cake Couture and she did a phenomenal job with our wedding cake and last minute groom's cake.

I decided about a month before the wedding that we definitely needed to have a grooms cake. Mike is very into video games which sparked the Mario idea. I gave Andrea a completely over-the-top in-depth tutorial on the world of Mario. She incorporated the elements I asked for really well. The backgrounds, coins, stars, and blocks were perfect and the sugar goombas were so cool.

The flying mario at the top rocked and was perfect in the details of the gloves, hat and yellow cape (I am a super nintendo child, mario uses a cape to fly, not a racoon tail in my world - sorry for all you NES purists out there).

Mike LOVED it.

Our much fancier cake turned out great as well. The pattern of icing matched my dress and the sugar flowers were exquisite. Just what we asked for! I give Andrea an A+++ for being incredibly attentive to detail and communicative.

Flavors:

Wedding cake - half orange chocolate, half caramel pecan cheesecake

Mario cake - red velvet (mike's favorite)

No comments:

Contributors


Photo by Jacob Konst

Free Blog Counter